King Charles and Prince William are “massively irritated” by the idea of Prince Harry spilling even more details about the royal family’s private life in court, according to a report.
A judge threw out the Duke of Sussex’s phone-hacking case against the Sun’s parent publisher, News Group Newspapers, on Thursday.
While Harry has lost part of his case against the UK newspaper, the court is allowing him to take the Sun to trial over what he alleges were illegal practices to obtain information against him.
And while King Charles accepts that Harry now lives his life as a private citizen, a source close to the royals told the Daily Beast that the monarch is unhappy with the amount of information Harry has divulged in court.
“Everyone in the family completely accepts that Harry is a private citizen and can do what he likes without reference to the family,” the insider told the outlet.
That doesn’t mean they have to like it. Of course, they are massively irritated by the prospect of more blockbuster Harry trials but they have been expecting it; there is also the defamation case against the [Daily] Mail, don’t forget
Their goal is just to keep plugging away and not get distracted by any of it,” the source added.
On Thursday, Justice Timothy Fancourt also dismissed Harry’s claim that there is a “secret agreement” between Buckingham Palace and the media.
The so-called pact between the royals and the newspapers was allegedly sanctioned by Queen Elizabeth, who died in September 2022.
The deal would have barred any members of the royal family from bringing future lawsuits against the media.
However, NGN held that no secret deal ever existed and that Harry never unveiled evidence of any sort of agreement.
Harry stated that the reasoning behind the covert arrangement was to keep the royal family away from the witness stand.
The father of two traveled across the pond last month to appear at London’s High Court, where he testified against Mirror Group Newspapers.
He is also suing the publisher over alleged unlawful information gathering. He first initiated the claim in 2019 and said that his phone voicemails had been hacked.