The royal family belatedly removed Prince Harry’s official title from their website over three years after he and Meghan Markle quit their duties.
Palace aides quietly stripped “His Royal Highness” from the Duke of Sussex’s profile page shortly after the Express pointed out the “major blunder” last Friday.
Harry and Markle’s names were also moved toward the bottom of the family’s main page beneath working members of the Firm but right above disgraced Prince Andrew.
Prior to the updates, Harry, 38, reportedly had been referred to as “HRH” twice and also called the youngest son of the Prince of Wales, which was his father King Charles III’s title before it went to his brother, Prince William.
Similarly, William, 41, and his wife, Kate Middleton, were still referred to as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the site until recently, according to Express.
All of the mistakes have since been corrected.
Harry and Markle, 42, agreed to give up their “HRH” titles after stepping back as senior members of the royal family in January 2020 and moving to the United States.
While it took the royals years to remove the duke’s “HRH” title from their website, it was taken off a Kensington Palace exhibit displaying the wedding dress of his late mother, Princess Diana, in June 2021.
Before fans noticed the “administrative error,” the exhibition featured a placard next to the famed gown from the 1981 nuptials that read, Lent by HRH the Duke of Cambridge and HRH the Duke of Sussex.
However, the mistake was fixed just days later and replaced with Lent by HRH the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke of Sussex.
Harry’s titles were also said to have been removed from two additional items shared for the exhibit, the Sun reported at the time.
For more Page Six you love …
However, the couple do not seem to be upset by the change, as they have focused their attention on Hollywood following their departure from royal life.
Sources told Page Six earlier this week that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are teaming up with Netflix to produce a movie adaptation of writer Carley Fortunes book Meet Me at the Lake as part of their multimillion-dollar deal with the streamer.
Netflix purchased the rights to the bestseller costing around $3 million for the couple to produce under their Archewell Productions arm, yet neither Harry nor Markle has plans to direct or act in the film.
The novel tells the story of a couple who meet in their 30s, just as Harry and Markle did, and bears striking similarities to each of their own stories.
It includes themes of childhood trauma and losing a parent in a car crash (similar to Diana), mental health challenges and postnatal depression, which the “Suits” alum has spoken about publicly.